The German government through Giz supports Albania by improving the capacity and the performance of young people in the area of agriculture, through the SDRAlbania project implemented by the ADRIAPOL institution.
The final event of the Agro Challenge business idea competition took place on July 26, 2020. During this event 11 start-ups presented in front of the jury.
The purpose of this project was to support the entrepreneurs in the agro area, as well as to create a necessary entrepreneurial network for them to expand their business. For this reason the jury, which would judge start-ups, consisted of academic entrepreneurs and other actors of the start-ups ecosystem.
Part of the jury were:
- Ardian Leka, entrepreneur, Albanian Diaspora Business Chamber
- Alban Zusi, entrepreneur, Food Industry
- Dritan Mezini, entrepreneur, duapune.com
- Gerion Treska, entrepreneur, Yunus Social Business
- Kejda Nuhu, lecturer, Barleti University
Start-ups will represent Albania in the Global Agripreneurs Summit on October 2020, in Greece, for the price of 20 000 Euro.
The winning start-ups of this event were:
– Alpine Bees;
– Vajra Malësie.